No pain. The world is a wonderful whisper for those who can listen, if necessary in silence.

20130415

Kos (Greece) - April 2013


Warning: this post, for the first time in the history of this blog, will be published in English for the benefit of some people I met during this short stay, and maybe that will read it.

I'm getting old, and you know this. I needed to disconnect from work, I found a flight at a ridiculous price, and I went for three days to the island of Kos, Greece, an island that I didn't know. Since there were only three nights, I allowed myself the luxury of a five star hotel with adjoining spa. In the end, I was never out of the hotel: I got the sun, I had massages, I took advantage of the sauna and hammam. So, after three days, I still not known Kos. Still, I was able to know some wonderful people, and I had some good discussions on Europe, and on other things less current but not less important.
Greece, like Italy anyway, is in crisis: along the way to the airport dozens of shops, department stores, factory outlets, all incomplete, with no workers at work, for obvious lack of liquidity. Yet, everyone I've known, they try to remain optimistic.
A big thank you and see you soon with all the staff of Aqua Blu Hotel in Kos, my friend Jorgos (see you in Corfu), and the two "Vikings" Sissel and Trond, an unforgettable couple.
Sometimes, you need just a little. Or rather, sometimes you just have to look around to find extraordinary people.

2 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

Thank you for beeing a great part of our wonderful but few days on Kos island !Three nations,four people...but still so nice and interesting.Less is more !!
Thank you for your loving words about us in your blog.
See you sometime...somewhere..
Stay happy !
Love from the two vikings of Norway
Sissel and Trond

jumbolo ha detto...

You welcome! And thanks to visit my blog.
Ale